onsdag 18 juli 2018

Blue mark = My way in April from the ferry Orjachovo to Lukovit, Zlatna Panega (Chuchi Guest House), Etropol, Pirdop and Panagyurishte.
Red mark = My planned route through the south of Bulgaria from Panagyurishte to the Greek border.

18 July 2018

Today, I realise two things. 
- Listening to radio and Jonas, a young man who broke his neck the night his friends had prepared his stagparty including somne sort of judo isntruction that went terribly wrong.
I realise that I am a fortunate kid who still can stand and walk, and walk long distances, day after day.
- Painting my way through Bulgaria I realise that I am way behind with my blog. Sorry for you who may visit my site. But hopefully, I will catch up including some pics and stories. 
This summer has been and is still extremely warm but I can tell you that my walk through Romanian Valchia last October was indeed a hot experience. +27-28° C under sunshine from a blue sky every day. The same weather followed me last April, when I crossed the Danube and walked in northern Bulgaria to the town of Panagyurishte. +27-28° C again under a burning sky. 
So, some of the miles I had to "walk" by bus or accept invitation from locals (pic) to go by car.

Denne man var ingenjör med ansvar för de oljepumpar som alltjämt är igång runt om i Valakiet, det lågland och furstendöme, som 1859 gick samman med Moldavien och från 1878 blev ett sjävständigt kungadöme efter flera hundra år dominerat av osmanska riket.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar