lördag 30 maj 2015

It cannot wait. I just need to put these pictures on display.

15 May. From the Pietrowska family in Polana village (Chrewst) through the Hulskie Nature Reserve to the village Chmiel in the River San valley. All the way some, 28 k, these German shepherd dogs a male and a bitch (wrong vocable for such a beauty...) followed me, guarded me. Indeed, as of a miracle, they offered me a long walking day with much comfort. What were their secrets? I was told that they were owned by the priest in Polana.Not even wearing collars.  ???


 

 
 
The area is wild and practically empty of habitation, people and traffic. Although half way into the mountain between the valleys we met with Ania and Lukasz, working for the Lukowiska's forest revier. And soon after, to my surprise, we faced two black persons - and I mean black - they were charcoal burners. Totally black. I was so stunned that I forgot to ask for their permission to take a picture. What a pity.
 

 




 
 
Having walked up the hills for three four hours the dogs seem all too happy to turn back to their village. We are soon entering the Hulskie Nature Reserve with many restrictions. Certainly stray dogs (they don't wear collars) are not permitted or any dog for that matter. When a fallow or red deer crossed the road a hundred meters ahead of us, the dogs had already felt the scent and flew, when they saw it, like rockets into the Wood. But. What could I do? They are not my dogs.



I was asked to be alert if there were bear babies around. If so, the bear mother could prove a real danger to both me and the dogs. Let's see what we soon would face.
 
 I the soft forest road, suddenly, I spotted this foot print. A bear?
Well, why not - the size and the shape of it? More to come...

 In the wet muddy ditch dirt an unmistakable trace of a bear. No doubt. And fresh.
 No close encounter with the bear. Good outcome. We have reached the road along the river San and my watch dogs can take a rest. 

 Here we met two men from Gdansk who seemed to have no idea about the true wilderness that they were in.



 
I hoped that the dogs should walk with them back to Polana but, no, they fancied me and we soon walked on.

 
 
 to be cont'd
   

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar